The Friends of School is a group of parents and volunteers who support the school through a variety of fundraising events. All money raised goes towards buying equipment for the children. Our email address is: email@example.com
Up to date information about us can be found here:
Twice a year we need your help!
Our biggest fund raising events are the Summer and Christmas Fairs. In order to keep these events going we need your help!
Please spare us 1hr at these two events to help on a stall. It is easy to assume that someone else will volunteer, but if everybody helps out for just 1hr we can keep these events going, raise money for equipment for the children and create fantastic memories for everyone.
What have you helped us achieve?….
Only with the continued support of parents, carer’s and staff have we been able to achieved this. Thank you all !
Mosaic benches in rear playground.
The outdoor classroom and shelter on the field.
The wonderful new ‘Ninja Trail Adventure Playground’ installed in the summer of 2016 was largely down to our fundraising! We were able to give the school £12,000 towards the playground, representing over half of the money needed.
FoS funded the new Pond area: £8750
10 reasons why Friends of School need your help!
As parents, you are AUTOMATICALLY a member of the FoS… your voice counts.
Our FoS depends on a continual cycle of parent involvement. As children reach their final year and leave, so do their parents. The teachers and head support us when possible, but without all your support, we have no FoS – WE REALLY DO NEED YOUR SUPPORT.
The FoS is a mixture of parents that work together for the benefit of West Town Lane Academy. Some are full-time parents, some work part-time or work full-time. NONE of us are specialists in fundraising.
Taking an active role with the FoS is critical to your children’s success, so we’ve compiled a list of 10 reasons why helping the FoS will greatly improve your child’s experience of school.
1. You are vital to the success of the school
• Schools are becoming more and more dependent on their FoS’s for funds.
• Without the funds raised by the FoS, your child would not get the benefit of the Pirate Ship being installed in June.
2. It’s TOTALLY flexible!
• There are a variety of small ways you can help and be involved – from designing a poster, photocopying and distributing letters in the school, cleaning up after an event, helping out on a stall…so many ways.
• Giving up just 30 minutes of your time to help the FoS is invaluable. If everyone could spare 30 minutes a term to help, just think what we could achieve!
• You don’t have to attend FoS meetings – you can use our contact details to send in ideas for discussion.
3. You’ll feel more connected
• There’s no better way to know what events are being planned, have your say or make new fundraising suggestions, than by offering your help and support.
• You’ll get to know teachers and support staff on a more familiar basis.
4. You’ll be part of a great network
• Every FoS event is an opportunity to meet other parents in the same situation as you.
• You will be part of a like-minded network of people who all share a common goal of improving the school for all our children.
5. Make a difference
• By volunteering to help the FoS, you’ll be able to use whatever skills you have for a noble cause.
• Our FoS strive to establish a supportive and encouraging community for the entire school.
6. We’re not just for mums!
• It’s important to our FoS, our school and our pupils to have dads represented on our committee and to help reach out to other dads.
• Are you a dad with a skill that would come in useful?
7. Be a role model
• By getting involved with our FoS, you’ll show your children that not only are they important to you, but their education is as well.
• Your children will see you playing an active part in making their education more varied.
• Getting involved illustrates good teamwork and community spirit.
8. What the FoS does affects every parent (and pupil)
• Your ideas and involvement can help improve the quality of education for all the children at our school.
• See the smiles on their faces and know that you have played a part in making school a little more comfortable and fun!
9. It’s fun!
• Help plan fun events, socials and get-togethers
• Suggest NEW fun ways to raise funds
• Get your whole family involved!
- Our children are only at school for a relatively short time. FoS events such as the Summer fair, Christmas fair and race night will be remembered fondly by our children for a lifetime. The equipment and resources the FoS helps fund, make learning even more engaging. Help us continue to create lasting memories for our children.