To ensure the Learning Journey is an Adventure.
We have five main values which underpin our vision for the children at West Town Lane.
- Respect – We respect each other’s rights. We treat others as we like to be treated.
- Adventure – Our learning journey will be engaging and motivating; it will develop curiosity about the world around us.
- Determination – We will try our best at everything we do.
- Achievement – We will strive to meet our full potential, both in our learning and our personal lives.
- Resilience – We demonstrate Growth Mindsets; we never give up!
Develop learners who:
- Achieve their full potential in everything they do, whatever their starting point;
- Are determined to succeed, who persevere and never give up;
- Are curious, enthusiastic and reflective;
- Can work collaboratively and independently and are excellent communicators.
Develop 21st century citizens who:
- Respect each other’s rights and our British Values;
- Are open minded, tolerant and empathetic;
- Celebrate and embrace diversity and change;
- Are global citizens.
As a school we will:
- Ensure the learning journey is an adventure, by motivating and enthusing our children;
- Ensure children reach their full potential, both academically and socially;
- Provide a stimulating and vibrant environment with a focus on high academic standards and personal growth;
- Build resilience in pupils;
- Develop independent lifelong learners, who are rights respecting global citizens;
- Offer an inclusive, creative, challenging, broad & balanced curriculum.
- Ensure teaching is of the highest quality and is enquiry-led;
- Implement a wide range of trips, visits and extra-curricular activities, to enable pupils to discover hidden talents;
- Allow children to explore the community and the wider world;
- Create a community where everyone is equal and differences are celebrated and respected;
- Keep each other safe and care for one another.
- Celebrate success.